I wrote this weeks ago and forgot to publish it. Derp.
It’s getting to be that time – The Time of Resolutions. The last time I purposely set positive, healthy, fabulous resolutions, I made the goals too lofty and they all crumbled within a month. This was discouraging; I felt like a failure and I haven’t done any resolutions since then. Having an overly-developed guilt/shame gland is sometimes a deterrent to revisiting things I’ve not done well with previously.
Well I’m changing that this year! I’m thinking about resolutions ahead of time, getting my ducks in a row, trying to make sure they are completely attainable, while still pushing me to do something better or different.
New year’s goals I will do my very best to attain, phrased positively (as in, no “don’t’s:”)
- Make my own cold-processed soap at least once
- Make my own soft cheese at least once
- Make my own butter at least once
- Finish 5 books (I used to finish that many in a month, but I’ve gotten out of the habit. Baby steps.)
- Find small ways to be greener every week
- Maintain the daily household calendar
- Build a chicken coop
- Obtain chickens
- Plan, plant and maintain a garden
- Build or buy a composter
- Take more everyday photos for the pleasure of it
- Go for walks and bike rides as the mood strikes – keep the momentum
- Make healthier food and personal care choices (purchase Mike’s meat from Crestwik or similar, get our milk from the family share, et cetera)
- Exercise greater financial discipline
- Open and use my many cookbooks – try a new recipe from them a few times per month, rather than relying on online sites
This is a work in progress.
I’d love to see any resolutions you all would like to share with the rest of the class!